PLANT MANAGER -USDA EXPERIENCE [BEEF or PORK… NOT POULTRY]
We are presently seeking a highly qualified and experienced Plant Operations/Management profession from the food processing industry to fill the position of Plant Manager.
Our client is a leading brand in the frozen foods industry offering a rewarding career opportunity for the right professional to join a proven and dynamic team in this state-of-the-art frozen foods facility producing frozen beef products in New Jersey.
• You will use you experience in a USDA [beef or pork] further processing environment to lead/guide/direct an experienced workforce of 100 plus in the production of the highest quality product ensuring a productive and safe environment
.• Plans, organizes, staffs, leads, and controls the plant operations, communicates expectations to the various plant departments, communicates/ coordinates/ monitors plant performance, adherence to standard work, and drives continuous improvement.
Your professional background should include
:• A minimum of five years of experience as a Plant Manager or as an Operations Manager of a meat manufacturing plant under USDA regulations in beef or pork production [NOT POULTRY]. Demonstrate a solid progression of manufacturing positions in the meat industry
• Experience using Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools to drive continuous improvement
• Experience building and motivating a Plant Steering Team to achieve high performance
• Experience in a Plant Sanitation Leader role or Quality Assurance Leader role preferred
• BA/BS degree in Business, Supply Chain Operations, Food Science, Engineering or related field
• Ability to achieve established goals of Associate Safety, Budget, Food Safety, Product Quality, and Schedule Attainment using Lean Manufacturing tools and practices
• Ability to lead, motivate, and train associates at various levels
• Ability to drive Associate Engagement
• Ability to demonstrate the Rich Promise and Rich’s Great Leader Drivers
• Strong financial acumen
• Knowledge of USDA regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), sanitation processes/procedures and HACCP
• Strong skills using cross functional teams to analyze problems, develop solutions, and successfully implement the solutions
• Ability to manage in an environment of rapid change
• Ability to take a plant’s performance to higher levels
• Strong verbal and written communications skills with various levels of Associates
• Ability to lead steering team members to plan, organize, and implement actions to drive continuous improvement
• Ability to work within a large corporation and manage relationships with the internal customers (Sales, R&D, QA, STM, Marketing, etc.)