This is a unique "PRODUCTION MANAGER" role for the "OUT OF THE BOX" thinking talent.
Manufacturer is a major Machine Tool builder that is one of the most highly respected in the industry.
Company is preparing to launch an entirely NEW machine tool product line that will be the leader in the latest technologies and requires the Production Manager to be current on all levels of Mechanical, Electrical, Programming and Automation.
This will be a lead role and will be "Hands On" as well as working directly with all department heads.
Job duties Include but not limited to the following generic responsibilities:
- Supervision and traning of shop floor personnel
- Updating and maintaining master production schedule in alignment with company goals and production targets
- Planning and handling of resources, capacities and schedules
- Report progress made and current production status to management including contingencies and alternative plans where appropriate
- Schedule external services with consideration to price, timeframe and transport requirements
- Measure and improve the following key metrics: Delivery performance
- Responsible for ensuring machines and facilities adhere to preventative maintenance routines
- Chairing and contributing to daily production meetings
- Creating and distributing daily delivery lists
- Agree forging plans with Forging Team Leader
- Advising Sales on necessary order rescheduling
- Producing route cards
- Bachelors degree in manufacturing related disciplines
- Production Management - (7 yrs min.)
- CNC manufacturing