Excellent career opportunity available to be part of a company that has been supplying industry-leading equipment, service and supplies to wineries, beverage companies that include distilled spirits and juices, and also for olive oil production companies. The company supplies Membrane Presses, Basket Presses, Wine & Spirits Fillers, Bottling Lines, Labelers, Automation and Controls, Sparkling Equipment, Stainless Tanks, PD Pumps, and Service & Support for the beverage industry and is the smaller division of a much larger organization in California.
The Equipment Technician is responsible for the installing, testing, trouble-shooting and repairing of new and used machinery at various locations.
• Provides strong mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and PLC skills.
• Provides technical guidance on complex issues.
• Displays the importance of safety and quality in every aspect of the job.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with customers, management, associates and vendors.
• Works with vendors and suppliers to identify solutions to equipment problems and identifies improvement opportunities.
• Solves problems and deals with a variety of variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
• Participates in the assembly of new machinery for effective and timely implementation and qualification.
• Investigates and analyzes causes of equipment issues and takes the necessary corrective action.
• Utilizes test equipment and hand tools (both manual & powered) to perform machine adjustments and repairs.
• Learns new technology, both mechanical and electrical .
• Interfaces with customers to help solve product or process related issues.
• High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
• 7 years of experience in technical customer service, maintenance or sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Valid driver’s license and successful completion of background check. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
• Required to work all shifts and weekends as needed.
• Travel by air and car is required.
• Required to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
• Experience with stainless steel welding and fabricating.
• Experience understanding customer needs and specification development.
• Experience interfacing with customers directly to identify and solve product issues, write service call reports and communicate customer status.
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
MUST BE US CITIZEN OR GREEN CARD HOLDER
LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED